Monday 22 March 2010

4# Street snapper - Mr Dennis Swiatkowski



Meet Dennis Swiatkowski - the creator of getyourplanerightontime.com
He captures the street styles of London and the world beyond.
His blog is about a careful selection of the individuals with a - as they call it - 'sick' dress sense that oozes character and fusion.

Part of the Vice magazine blogging network, his blog fans are growing, and each time I visit - I always find something interesting to gaze at.
Remembering our very long conversation a few months back - Dennis strikes me as a guy who knows about style and has 'the eye'-I like his style of simplicity with a palette of minimal tones.
In London? - Watch out for the curly haired Dutch guy with the camera. -




J- Tell me about you.

D- Well, I’m Dennis and I travel around the world. My home base is

in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.


J- When did your blog come about?

D- The blog already exists for a couple of years, but I only started

it as a fashion blog a year ago. [Before that it was more personal].


J- How was the response?

D- Since I turned it into this street style fashion blog thing the response has been very good. You should check it out haha!


J- I'm a fan! Did you have a specific aim starting it?

D- The aim is to attend fashion weeks across the world and shoot pictures of people who look interesting.


J- Are you building your 'getyourplanerightontime.com' as a brand?

D- That is a good question, because I am currently working on a few projects linked to GYPROT and it will be more than only the blog in the future. So yes, it is a brand.


J- You obviously enjoy fashion and art. How are you going to take

your blog to another level?

D- The next level for my blog is to incorporate the side projects that I am working on, but I cannot disclose too much information about them right now.


J- What kinda stuff excites you?

D- Ear piercing sawing synth lines in electronic music, original story telling tattoos and amazing aesthetics in anything design(interdisciplinary)


J- What are your future aims for now?

D- Graduating in June 2010 is top priority.


J- Are you hungry for success or you’re a go with the flow’er?

D- I want to be successful within a couple of years.


J- We are baby adults. So being in your 20’s to you mean?

D- The twenties are there to experience things and figure out who

you are and what you want to do.


J- Where do you go for play time?

D- In Amsterdam I usually go to the Sugar Factory and Melkweg. In London I used to roam Shoreditch.


J- What kind of music are you into?

D- Many different styles really. But a selection of my favourite

artists are: Midnight Juggernauts, SebastiAn, Yuksek, MGMT, Justice, Aeroplane and MSTRKRFT.


J- What else are you into?

D- Many things, but to keep it short what I really like to is to travel, snowboard and surf.


J- How would you end this interview?

D- Good luck with your fashion label. :)

J- Dank U.

www.getyourplanerightontime.com - Go clicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
London Town, United Kingdom
Qwan is an evolving concept for many things. Online BlogMag - Fashion / Art / Music - www.qwanqwan.com

Followers

 

Free Hit Counters
Singles Dating