Sunday 21 March 2010

3# BlogMag - Hip -Hop rapper. Mr Jin Au-Yeung



Back in my college days a friend of mine who's into Hip-hop mentioned a guy named Jin on some US free-styling battle show.
Don't think 'You Tube' was even created then - So a few years later, when I saw the videos I realised this was the guy he was referring to.- Pretty impressive.
He can free style in English - and Cantonese. Once signed to New York based Hip-hop record label Ruff Ryders he was then introduced to Hong Kong by Catch Music Group and
Universal Music. From rapping in English in America to now living and working in Hong Kong as MC Jin - the jump must not have been easy.
He has his clever style of Cantonese rapping - those 'Wow - why did I not of think of that' type of lyrics, all creatively written and usually hits the nail on the head.

Now he is fast growing to become more and more popular in Hong Kong - Winning awards and many collaborations with different singers. -
What's the story behind the perfect picture? - I want to know the behind the scenes. The journey from the bottom. -


J- How did you start?

Jin- From zero.

J- Did you struggle a bit? - Difficulties in the beginning?

Jin- The struggles didn't come until I realized that this was my life path. In the beginning, the innocence and purity of it all made it actually quite enjoyable. Not to say it isn't these days..

J- What kept you going?

Jin- Sheer determination.. and my undying passion for this thing called Hip-hop.

J- Do you prefer Hong Kong to the US?

Jin- I spent the first 25 years of my life in the US. Hong Kong is unchartered territory for me.. So it's not so much a preference thing. More of an exploration.

J- Cool places to go play in Hong Kong?
Jin- I'm a homebody.

J- To hang out in the US?

Jin- I'm even more of a homebody in the US than I am in Hong Kong.

J- What other creative stuff are you into?

Jin- Creativity knows no bounds. Neither does what kind of stuff I'm into.

J- Whats your music style?

Jin- Worldly.

J- Why do we go craving for success?
Jin- It's better than craving for drugs.. but can be just as addicting.

J- Can you tell who are the fakes and reals? [people wise]

Jin- As long as I know what category I fall into.. I'm good.

J- What do you think being in your 20’s is all about?

Jin- Missing the day's of being in your teens.. and having the 30's creep up on you unsuspectingly.

J- How would you end this interview?

Jin- Thanking God. Thank You God.


Loving his latest track titled
[女朋友] with Hanjin.
Official Site - www.ayojin.com

2 comments:

  1. omg! did u interview him face to face??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jody how did u managed to interview these people??

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
London Town, United Kingdom
Qwan is an evolving concept for many things. Online BlogMag - Fashion / Art / Music - www.qwanqwan.com

Followers

 

Free Hit Counters
Singles Dating