Wednesday 17 March 2010

2# BlogMag with Japanese producer Tatsuji Mikajiri aka Pop -



The best thing about London is the multiculturalism. Through many of my "super kawaii !" - [ with the V finger sign] Japanese friends, I met Tatsuji - A music producer. Through his albums he is known as Pop, signed with the major label Pioneer LDC in Japan.
He was first discovered by Sony Music in Tokyo and has worked with one of Japan's biggest selling artist Ayumi Hamasaki. Performed at many shows including the MTV awards in Japan and Singapore. Now he has moved to the Capital - Producing soundtracks for films, and working on his up coming album. - With so much under his belt I'm suprised it's not fallen off. Ok. Lame. Dry gag. But "Kawaii neh"? -




J- Was it tough at first?

P- Not at all. Just I'd been having fun, excited & obsessed with playing the guitar like a monkey found how to entertain himself.

J- How did you get to work with some of Japan’s top artists?
P- By the wind of life. Thank you, E!

J- What’s cool in Japan?
P- The amazing blend of being mesmerized & politeness.

J- Why did you come to London?
P- I felt even more mesmeric.

J- Besides music, what else are you into?
H- You, maybe.

J- What is the best age to just chill?
H- 88 in Edo.

J- What does being creative mean to you?
P- Everything.

J- Do you think I'm random?
P- Totally, you are :) Well, actually I need to know about you more to answer the question properly.
Are you free tonight?

J- Ha! What is the best environment for you to really work with no distractions when making music?
P- Perfectly self-designed studio by the sea.

J- Are you better at making music or making tea?
P- It's a good question really... am into teas a lot as well. Briefly music, I would say.

J- How would you end this interview?
P- Ha ha, that's the thing I was wondering while following your lines.
" Tea you soon! "

Don't you just heart the Japanese? I do.
Check out his work -

www.stereoart.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
London Town, United Kingdom
Qwan is an evolving concept for many things. Online BlogMag - Fashion / Art / Music - www.qwanqwan.com

Followers

 

Free Hit Counters
Singles Dating